Skip to main content

Total Berzerko Freak Out Mode

To begin, I am long overdue for a post, and for this I offer my sincerest apologies.

Second, gummie bears make a terrible breakfast regardless of the quantity consumed.

Third, I am going to write straight from the current thoughts in my head today, because that's what He has told me to do.

So, a running theme in my life is God's sovereignty.  He reminds me of it on a daily basis, sometimes more than once, because I am such a planner.  I like to be prepared, and have something of an outline of how things are going to go.  I will fly by the seat of my pants if need be, but that's not how I like to do everything.  I'm not much of one for surprises (PLEASE, no one ever throw me a surprise party), and I like to know where I'm going on trips so I can pack appropriately, etc.

Yeah, awesomely, that's not how God works.

He feels no need to check in with me whenever He decides to make a change or move in my life.  Sheesh! I'm so glad He doesn't.  My life would be dreadfully pointless and boring if I was in charge of everything that happens in it.  I would be in total berserko freak out mode all the time...

That's how I've felt a lot lately-easily overwhelmed trying to make decisions about what I really want to do, and when to get things done, and staying on time with everything, and spending time with Him, and loving others...

Psalm 22:5, Tori


...and is this really what I want to do with my time, and what if I pick the wrong thing, and I really should get that squared away, but I'm just not sure...

Proverbs 16:9


...this is SO stressful, and now I feel stupid for stressing too much, wait! was that supposed to be a sign?! did I miss it?  UGH! great. Now I'm all frustrated!

flip back a page, sweetheart, Proverbs 15:13


...oh good grief! I'm not cut out to do all this anyway, and maybe this wasn't the right idea in the first place...

Isaiah 40:29...it's there again in 2 Corinthians, babe, chapter 12 verse 9...My grace?


Is sufficient for me, and Your power is made perfect in my weakness.

Do you not know? Have you not heard? I am Yahweh, the everlasting God, the Creator of the whole earth. I never grow faint or weary; there is NO limit to My understanding.

I remember, Isaiah 40:28

Who am I, beloved?


Yahweh, the everlasting God :)

And who are you?


Nothing without You.

I've got you. Your favorite Psalm, 63, what does verse 8 say?

I follow close to You; Your right hand holds on to me.

Mhm. Forever. And there is nothing that can take you from Me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here goes nothing!

 So, I got the idea of starting a blog from my mom (who is a totally AMAZING woman of God), and after sleeping on it I decided it wasn't such a bad idea. I am simply going to share some of my life and things that I learn with the world.  Not that the whole world necessarily wants to know my daily thoughts, but anyone that does is welcome to whatever I share! Warning: I am a rabbit chaser, long winded, my grammar is also not that of a best-selling author, I misspell words, use dashes-commas-and ALL CAPS frequently and perhaps inappropriately, but that is okay. :) oh yeah-smileys too ;)  I do enjoy writing, and believe that God bestows gifts to us for us to use-so here goes nothing-hope you enjoy!   P.S.- I will not begin every entry with an awkward intro. That was just for today. :) Alright so I got laughed at by a REALLY cute guy today, and then God used it to teach me later (of course).  See, my roommate, Shelly, and I are walking back from the overflow parkinglot-which is like

A Red Penguin Mug

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmaaaasss!! :) And I am slightly excited-it is without a doubt my absolute FAVORITE holiday in the history of the whole world forever and ever.  :) This is only reinforced by the fact that I am currently sitting in my favorite chair watching some incredibly predictable Hallmark Christmas movie while sipping hot chocolate out of a big red penguin mug.  I just LOVE it!! ...so, slightly excited may be a serious understatement. For real though, it is my favorite holiday.  I firmly believe that this is the case, because I am still very much  a little kid at heart.  I love the fact that my family has a real Christmas tree in our living room and that it is decorated with multicolored lights and hodgepodge ornaments accumulated over the 23 years my parents have been married.  It's always my job to set up my mom's really pretty nativity scene in our living room.  I love the smell and sound of a fire in the fireplace, and eating way too many

yeah, we went to China.

I now fully understand what Amanda Bynes meant when she said, "Jet Lag" in that scene where she and Colin Firth bonded over a bowl of Coco Pops in the middle of the night.  I am pooped.  Yet, I would gladly give up my soft mattress and fork to stay a few extra weeks.  Which is quite a turn around from how we were feeling that Monday.  After the kids were all in bed that night, I seriously wondered how we were going to survive the entire week.   Check Philippians 4:19, kiddo. He did provide everything-from patience, to a tea that was cold and almost sweet.   This trip was absolutely the most humbling one I have ever embarked on. The Lord continuously gave me peace and patience, which I am so thankful for.  There is no way we could've done it all without Him.   Now, go a page back and check 4:4-5.  Go ahead and memorize that. ...especially not when we came out the wrong exit of the train station and were almost hom